As you may or may not know, there has been a temporary booking discrepancy at the rink, and we are having to readjust our bookings temporarily.
We have decided that it is best that we take a 2-week break so that the executive can address this and be ready to have Broomball games for its members.
We will have a Women’s game each week, and the Men’s will have 3 teams with a team having a Bye each week and competing for the Zamboni Cup.
These games will also give us an opportunity to train new referees. Please let me or Alan Jabs know if you would like to have a go.
If you would like to play, please let me know ASAP so that we can organise teams. Cost will be per player, no greater than $20 per game, but to be confirmed once we have numbers.
Join us for a 9-course tapas style Spanish themed dinner at Maureen's house (Broadview - address given upon purchase of ticket)
$50 per person (limited tickets available) with money raised to assist development of new players.
Tickets available through Christine.
Hi Broomballers, due to ongoing building works, the changeroom allocations have been amended. Changerooms 5 and 6 (far side of rink) are the only rooms available for use by Broomball players at this time. The schedule has been updated to reflect this change, so please check to see which room your team has been allocated.
Attention Broomballers: A pair of Hagan Broomball shoes size 10 were lost from changeroom 1 tonight during the first game. Please check your gear bags! If you know the whereabouts of these, please contact BASA via email email@example.com or in person.
Thank you for your cooperation.
UPDATE: Shoes have been found, thank you.
Hi guys.. Broomball is back!
With the current COVID restrictions being lifted on the 1st of December, the committee have moved to have a week of scratch matches and the chance for any new player to test their ice legs, so we are looking to have a number of scratch matches THIS TUESDAY. All going well, Summer season will start on the 8th December, but we will keep you updated.
Starting from 7.30pm, until 9.00pm, come along and dust the cobwebs off.
Cost will be $20 cash to be paid on the night. No I Owe Yous. Please have correct money to avoid money handling and cross contamination with COVID.
Teams will be created on the night. Please bring a Red (nationals top) and a White top and also a Dark colour top.
For ease of access, Females in Change Room 5 (corner room at bottom of grandstand stairs) and Males in Change Room 6 (under grandstand).
From the Ice Arena:
The following needs to be observed:
- Access to the building must be via the rear doors located on Kintore Street and not via the main arena front doors.
- Change Room 5 & Change Room 6 are the only rooms available to be used with the bathroom in change room 6 being shared access & is currently unisex.
- The following areas are out of bounds Café Area, Small Ice Entry Area, Zamboni Bay, Dj Booth and all Change rooms dwellings and bathrooms located on the Northern side of the Arena are STRICKTLY out of bounds to any and all attendees due to ongoing renovations.
- Scoring will be conducted from the grandstand (until DJ box repairs are completed)
- EVERYONE will sign in and out via the hard sheet COVID registers located at the Kintore St access point.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
The SA government has just announced that as of midnight tonight all community sport is cancelled.
This means that there will be no Broomball until further notice.
Please follow the new guidelines and keep safe.
We will keep you up to date as we find out more.
After a lengthy break due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Broomball competition returns to Adelaide with the start of the Winter season.
Please ensure you have registered and paid season fees before your first game, including familiarising yourself with the BASA and IceArenA COVID-19 policies.
Please check the schedule to see when you play and your team's duty times.
Change rooms have also been allocated in the schedule in accordance with our COVID-19 policies.
Change rooms are located as follows:
- 1 & 2 - Downstairs opposite the small ice rink.
- 5 - Far corner behind main ice rink (next to grandstand).
- 6 - Below main ice rink grandstand.
Referees may use which ever changeroom they need.
Note that change room 6 will not be available at the start of Game 1.
See you on the ice!
This is the post you have all been waiting for... Broomball is back!!!
The IceArena is opening tomorrow, and we will start playing on Tuesday.
Due to the short notice this week we will start with a one-and-a-half-hour session of scratch matches from 7.30-9.00pm. This will be $20 per player, cash on the night, please bring a light and dark jersey.
Our Winter Competition will begin from 14th July. Please let your team captain know if you are playing as we need teams nominated by Thursday 9th July so that we can create the schedule. Captains - please nominate your teams online.
We look forward to seeing you there!
As most of you have seen, indoor sporting venues have been forced to close. From today under government direction we find all ice rinks shut.
This means all Broomball is suspended immediately. We will resume once the IceArenA can open it's doors again, and we will keep you informed.
In regards to fees, the committee will discuss with regards to the payments of the last 3 games of Mens and Womens that have been cancelled, and let members know once we have an outcome.
Please stay safe, be smart, practice social distancing, isolate and be clean. But ensure you stay connected, and do not be alone during this time. Everyone is only a message or call away. Happy to have a cider through face time!
Thank you for your continued support of Broomball in SA, and we will see each other out on the ice soon!
Please reach out if you have any questions.
Kate Irvine and Christine Filsell
BASA President and Secretary
Due to the recent Covid-19 updates, Broomball Nationals have been cancelled.
Local Broomball is still going ahead, but we will be following Health SA updates and keep members informed. No one will be able to borrow the loan gear unless they bring wipes to clean it before and after use.
We are also implementing the following:
Local level Broomball
Broomball Australia recommends all members (players, team staff, spectators) of broomball associations and leagues implement (at a minimum) the below set of actions for upcoming training sessions and matches:
- Replace handshaking at the start and conclusion of games with (for example) simply tapping sticks on the ground, fist pump with gloves on.
- Use labelled water bottles. These must be strictly single person use. Avoid use of communal water bottles.
- Mouth-guards should be washed after each game, followed by cleaning of hands.
- Continue to cover nose and mouth with tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep 1.5m distance from anyone that is coughing or sneezing.
- Use alcohol-based hand wash where available
- All players and officials should wash their hands with soap and water and dry with paper towel prior to and after games.
- Gloves should be worn when attending to players with injuries – especially against blood exposure but also to prevent contact with mouth-guards.
- Keep your kit together to stop cross contamination with garments and other pieces of protective gear (ie don’t share gloves, jerseys, elbow or knee guards and in particular helmets.
Any member with flu-like symptoms should self-exclude from playing, training and spectating at the first sign of the symptoms and seek medical advice.
Further advice on the Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found from the following recommended sources:
- Australian Government Department of Health (health.gov.au) or for general advice regarding COVID-19, call the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
All members of the broomball community should note that this is an evolving situation and advice could change at any time. Broomball Australia will endeavour to update the broomball community as it is relevant.